Monday, February 4, 2013

Christmas and So Much More

Well, it's been a while, but for good reason. The past two months have been INCREDIBLY busy! We went to visit my family in Utah for Christmas, which was very fun. We also got to see Adam's family. Lily had a lot of fun with her grandparents, aunts and uncles, her cousin Amelia, and ESPECIALLY the cats and dog at my parents' house. She is a super-fan of cats and dogs, and chasing kittens around pushed her to complete confidence in walking. We went sledding, visited temple square, tromped around in the snow, visited friends, shoveled A LOT, and just had a great time. Here are some pictures from our trip:

Chocolate face! Lily takes after her Nanna in her affinity for CHOCOLATE!


This was Lily's first experience with snow. She was much more impressed with the dog than with the snow, however.




Lily and Daddy exercising on Grandpa's rowing machine:

Sledding with Nanna and Daddy!


Lily and me on the Sunday before Christmas. Isn't she so cute in the dress I made for her? :)

Our visit to temple square:




Christmas Eve with Adam's family:

Lily and her cousin, Amelia had fun dancing and twirling (and sitting on the floor) in their Christmas dresses.


Lily with her Grandpa on Christmas morning:


Visiting with our good friends the Lees.

I stayed in Utah for two weeks after Adam left, which was hard. I hate being apart, but it was for good reason. My mom has been quite sick from the treatments she is doing for breast cancer, and she really can't be alone. She needed someone to be there to take care of her, and I was the most available person for the job. I think my parents really loved having Lily there for a while. 

It was hard to watch my mom struggling with her health, but at the same time, I have not been burdened with worry about her. Since she was diagnosed with cancer four years ago, I have always felt peace about it. My dad has given her multiple blessings, and all say she will fully recover, and I have complete faith that it will happen. In all the years I was growing up, my dad never gave a blessing that did not come to pass, regardless of how small or miraculous. I know he takes the priesthood power seriously, and I know the Lord makes good on His promises. Even if my mom does not recover, however, the peace I have felt so far has been reassuring to me that God can grant us peace and comfort even in difficult circumstances. It was actually wonderful to be there with her and take care of her when she has dedicated so many years of her life to taking care of others, between raising her children and helping people improve their lives through her therapy practice. I love my parents so much and am grateful for the opportunity to spend a few weeks with them, since it will be many months until I see them again.

Here are a few more pictures from our time in Utah during January. Lily really came to love her aunt Lisa, who doted on Lily during our visit.



Lily also came to love Kitty, my family's cat, but unfortunately the affection was not returned. Kitty's attention to Lily consisted only of some growls and a few scratches! Ouch!





Love you so much Grandpa and Grandma! Thanks to all our friends and family for a wonderful Christmas and a fun visit!


4 comments:

  1. It's great to hear what you've been up to. Our prayers are going out for your mom. And your family. How beautiful to hear about your faith! I've lately been thinking a lot about waiting for promises from the Lord.

    I think my niece and your daughter would be best friends. They're both happy girls and looooove cats and dogs. My niece's reaction to a stuffed dog reminded me of the pictures of Lily receiving her stuffed cat. Too cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bow tie shot with Adam. What a great, funny picture!

    I'm sorry about your mom--I didn't realize that your family was experiencing that trial. I'm grateful you have the gospel in your life and that you have faith and trust the Lord. I'm also grateful you were able to spend extra time with her. I'm sure she appreciated you staying and the extra time with Lily. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I MISS LILY SOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD NOW! ARGHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so glad we got so spend time with you! Love you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete