Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Best Dentist Ever

One's dentist usually isn't a very interesting topic. Certainly not worth writing a blog post about. But can I just say that I never knew my dentist was the best dentist in the world?! Too bad I moved hundreds of miles away from him. Since coming to Oregon, I have not gone to the dentist, so I tried to find one that offers the services my dentist in Provo offered. I called 15 dentital offices yesterday, and none of them did!

So what makes Dr. Albert Clark so amazing? Well it's not his office or his website (he doesn't even have one!). It looks like a decent, kid-friendy, but certainly not ritzy office when you walk in. But Dr. Clark is very knowledgeable and very friendly. He has a great memory - he remembered me six months later after only meeting me once!

Then I was really surprised at how generous he was. When he found out we were students without dental insurance, he gave us a HUGE discount. I almost felt bad that he charged us so little! The second time I went in, it was an emergency to fix a broken tooth. He did a great job and charged us a fraction of what he probably should have.

Then the day came that I had my first cavity. I was soo sad, and really nervous. I went in and sat through some uncomfortable preparatory procedures, waiting for the drilling to begin. And then . . . he told me I was done! I was so confused. Apparently, he uses something called air abrasion. It is basically a tiny sand blaster used for small cavities instead of a drill. He fixed my tooth and I didn't even realize it! Moreover, he uses a special sensor that tests the density on each tooth. This can detect very small cavities years before they are even visible with the standard techniques. Thank you, thank you, thank you Amber and Matt Tolman for recommending him! We have had wonderful experiences for the last several years!

And then we moved to Corvallis. I guess I had been taking Dr. Clark's forward-thinking ways for granted. Most of the offices I called didn't even know what these techniques were, let alone offer them! So if you live near Provo, I would recommend looking up Dr. Clark (no we're not related, he did not ask me to write this, and I am not getting a commission if you become his next patient). I just want everyone to have as great (and as affordable) of a dental experience as possible! And I will definitely make an appointment at his office the next time I visit Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment